Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Magic


Can you see the witch? I loved this drawing when I passed it a couple weeks ago. Classic witch.

We had a good Halloween.


We were the Honeymooners with another couple (Al and Lindsay, aka Ralph and Alice). My "character's" name was Trixie, which Mike decided is going to be his new nickname for me.

On my own, most people thought I was supposed to be Peggy from Madmen. But no matter, wearing vintage clothes is a favorite past-time of mine, so though this was not so much of a recognizable costume for me, it was fun.



Where were we, you might ask. Well our dear friend, Cindy, has her birthday party every year on the closest Saturday to Halloween. This means we all have a fabulous Halloween party to attend every year. This year was the most fabulous yet, a private room at Fat Cat with lots of yummy snacks, candy and friends.

Thanks Cindy! (She's the lovely sinorita on the right, Cindy's fellow flamenco dancer on the left is Meg)

Their husbands were hilarious as a Chilean miner and the rescue pod.


They weren't the only Chileans in attendace here is another miner with his loving mistress.




We were also exceedingly lucky to have visitors from the west--our good friends Maria and Diane (aka Lady Gaga and Cleopatra) came back from San Francisco for the party!



We were so happy to have them stay with us. We have missed them so, it was great to hang out for two whole days. (Here with Maria, Diane and me is Megan, who makes one cute alien.)

I have to say that one of the funnest and most magical things about Halloween is how people in costume are normal and people in street clothes look strange. You see someone out of costume and they turn your head, like What the Heck!?! Isn't that funny? What a magical night it is, when the fun of make-believe reigns!

But sooner or later the good times had to end. We took one last picture before the last of us went home.

Speaking of magic, I wanted to mention this great children's book I recently finished.


A wonderful adventure about the power that books can have to transport a reader, the book in the story actually transports three children into the world of books they had read. The children are about 7, 9 and 11, giving the story parts that many children can relate to. However, there is one scene where the oldest girl innocently wonders at her changing body, so I wonder whether this should only be recommend for older children. But I enjoyed it and it was a fun read for anyone who likes to get nostalgic about memories of lazy summer days past.

No comments: