Monday, January 3, 2011

Holiday Highlights




We had a very busy holiday season. Stating with me visiting my mom, mom visiting me, and then Mike's (and my) niece visiting us from Texas. She was a blast to have around and was thrilled when it snowed!


Her and Stanley ran outside to enjoy the cold beauty of those falling flakes. Since it was the holiday season she got her fill of holiday parties where she knew only us. Ending in our annual cookie extravaganza.




There were many beautifl cookies at the end of the night, and I think everyone, even AJ had a good time.

I had to take her to the bean! Which I think she could have stared at for hours. But we had a date with Mike.


He took her ice skating! They had a great time, and apparently it was a good work out too.



We rounded out AJ's visit by going to It's a Wonderful Life a the Music Box. They go all out for this Christmas show, including a sing-a-long with Santa! Everyone gets decked out in their holiday finest and you better remember to bring your bell...


We were really glad that AJ liked the movie, because it is Mike's fav Christmas movie. Before we knew it, it was time to drive to Iowa and reunite her with her family for the holiday. It was great to hang at Bob and Char's and see everyone.




I was on turkey duty for the first time, and I must say that I pulled it off without a hitch.

Mike's favorite part of any visit there is looking at the old photo albums, which he always pulls out. This time Sofia spent some time looking at the old snaps.

But no trip tp Dubuque would be complete without spending at least one night hanging out with Todd, Joe and Jenny at the Hollister household. It was extremely festive and there were lots of new toys for the grownups to play with. The highlight for me was actually knowing the winning question to Trivial Pursuit!



But we weren't done yet, we headed to Michiana for MORE Christmas!



Complete with hats from the Christmas crackers!


My fav gift were these flavored olive oil from Jeremi and Logan. I LOVE THEM! I have only opened the Say WHAT Chili Oil, so far and it has the perfect amount of kick.


It was back to Chicago, just in time for New Years. Hosted by the newly engaged Lindsay and Al.

It was a small quiet affair, and I was glad to be able to catch up with a few friends.


New Years day was spent with yet more friend, out in the burbs for dinner at the Childer's house


I was really excited to see them, and especially to see the stocking I made them hung with care.




But the highlight by far was the announcement from our friends Sara and Mike that they were engaged!!! We were so excited for our friends, and cannot wait to celebrate all of these happy events in the year(s) to come.

No comments: