Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cube and Cushions

These two pieces made for very relaxing lunch hours. The first of which I spent sitting on the three-sided cube by Scott Burton. A surprisingly comfortable perch, from which you can see every other piece in the gallery.

Including the clamshell I enjoyed sitting in previously.


Next I enjoyed what became a new favorite, Good Separation by Long, which I refer to as the pod cushions.


The music written by Stereolab was relaxing and diverting, making for a great knitting.

I actually finished my last stocking in a set of four for the Childers family, which was really exciting. I couldn't resist a photoshoot with another piece, which made a great background for my piece.

The sculpture is make of plastic bags and has a slightly bouncy, grabby texture. Very comfortable to sit on, if awkward to walk on. I was glad to get these stockings done in time for the holidays, which is looking to be a very busy one!

No comments: